Note: Backup your Tomcat installation folder before installing the Apache Tomcat Connector!
If you have not used Apache Tomcat so far, the easiest method to install Apache Tomcat Connector will be to copy the files provided in 'ApacheConnector_Tomcat90.zip' from the WebOffice10.8-DVD. If this is the case please continue with the 'Fresh Install'. Otherwise, if Apache Tomcat has been used before and the files 'uriworkermap.properties', 'web.xml', 'context.xml', 'server.xml' or 'workers.properties.minimal' have been customized continue with Manual Install.
In order to finish the Apache Tomcat Connector configuration it is necessary to update the file 'uriworkermap.properties' after installing the WebOffice application. It will be described during the WebOffice installation process in chapter Update Apache Tomcat Connector Configuration (Optional).
The currently recommended version in combination with Apache Tomcat 9.0.46 is Apache Tomcat Connectors (v1.2.48 - 64bit) for Microsoft IIS.
Fresh Install (Apache Tomcat has not been used before or none of the files to be copied have been customized)
Extract the zipped file 'ApacheConnector_Tomcat90.zip' from the WebOffice10.8-DVD:
WebOffice10.8-DVD\Software\Miscellaneous\Apache Tomcat Connectors\ApacheConnector_Tomcat90.zip
•Clean the Windows Registry if any previous version of Apache Tomcat Connector is installed.
•Precondition: Java Development Kit 11 (64bit) - upgrade Java to this version if any previous version is installed.
•Precondition: Apache Tomcat 9.0.46 on C:\Tomcat - upgrade Tomcat to this version if any previous version is installed.
•If any newer version of Java or Tomcat is used, please contact your corresponding to check if this version is already supported.
The following steps can be partially automated with the following script:
This script must be copied to the folder of the extracted ApacheConnector_Tomcat90.zip file and run as an administrator.
The further steps (for installation without using script) are:
1.Copy file 'rewrite.properties' to C:\Tomcat\conf
2.Copy file 'server.xml' to C:\Tomcat\conf
3.Copy file 'uriworkermap.properties' to C:\Tomcat\conf
4.Copy file 'workers.properties.minimal' to C:\Tomcat\conf
5.Copy file 'context.xml' to C:\Tomcat\conf
6.Create the directory C:\Tomcat_Connector
7.Copy file 'isapi_redirect.dll' to C:\Tomcat_Connector
8.Copy file 'isapi_redirect.properties' to C:\Tomcat_Connector
9.Adjust the parameter in 'isapi_redirect.properties' to your file paths.
10.Adjust the file 'uriworkermap.properties' as described in chapter Update Apache Tomcat Connector Configuration (Optional).
Adjusting parameters in 'isapi_redirect.properties'
Continue with the following steps in Windows IIS (Internet Information Services) 7.5, 8.0, 8.5 or 10:
11. Create virtual directory 'Jakarta' and set the file path to C:\Tomcat_Connector
Add a virtual directory 'Jakarta' in the IIS Manager
12. In IIS Manager, on the left panel of the window, navigate to 'Default Web Site' and click it, then double-click 'Authentication' and click 'Anonymous Authentication'. Verify that it is 'Enabled'.
Open Authentication of Default Web Site in IIS Manager
Status for "Anonymous Authentication" has to be activated
13. Navigate back to 'Default Web Site', expand it and select 'Jakarta'. Double-click 'Authentication' from the middle panel. Click 'Anonymous Authentication'. Verify that it is 'Enabled'.
14. Click 'Jakarta' again. Double-click 'Handler Mappings'. If 'ISAPI.dll' is disabled, select 'Edit Feature permissions' from the right-hand side and enable 'Execute'.
Open Handler Mappings of jakarta virtual directory in IIS Manager
15. Add 'Jakarta' as an ISAPI filter in the 'Default Web Site'. Go to 'Default Web Site', double-click 'ISAPI-Filter' and click 'Add...'.
Go to Default Web Site and open ISAPI Filters in IIS Manager
Add 'Jakarta' as an ISAPI filter
16. Add 'Jakarta' as an ISAPI/CGI exception on the WebServer. Click in the left field on your webserver, then on 'ISAPI and CGI Restrictions' and here on 'Add...'. Check the box 'Allow extension path to execute'.
Navigate to the webserver and open ISAPI and CGI Restrictions in IIS Manager
Add 'Jakarta' as ISAPI/CGI restriction
17. Make sure that read access rights for certain users are set to the following folders:
•Installation path of Java (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\<Java-JDK>) for users:
•Installation path of 'Tomcat_Connector', where the file 'isapi_redirect.dll' is located (e.g. C:\Tomcat_Connector) for users:
•Folder 'conf' in the Apache Tomcat installation path (e.g. C:\Tomcat\conf) for user:
•IIS_IUSRS (local user)
Add 'IUSR', 'Authentificated User' and 'Network Service'
1.Open the file context.xml with an XML editor and change the file according to the screenshot below.
Changes in context.xml; on the right side the default file, on the left side with required changes
2.Open the file server.xml with an XML editor and change the file according to the screenshot below.
Changes in server.xml; on the right side the default file, on the left side with required changes
3.Continue with step 10 of 'Fresh Install'.