By creating restrictions on search result fields you can prohibit the availability of specific search result fields for certain users. Please consider the following configuration steps:
1.Select the appropriate search result view in WebOffice author and copy it. Paste it within the same list of search result views, whereby you will get two search result views with the same content.
Copy of the search result view in WebOffice author
2.Delete all search result fields of the currently added search result view, which shouldn't be visible for a certain user group.
3.Set an unique Access control ID for both search result views. Afterwards save the configuration and publish the project.
Access control ID
4. Open UserManagement Admin Web in your web-browser. Navigate to Applications and modify an existing application. At the step Application Rights you have to define two new rights - one for each Access control ID. Therefor, enter the appropriate Access control ID, which was configured one step before, into the field Application Rights. It is also recommended to choose a meaningful description for the appropriate application right. Add the new application right to the list below by clicking on the green cross and finish the wizard.
UserManagement Admin Web - Application Rights
5. Navigate to Application Roles and create two new application roles. Each application role must contain only one of the two application rights, which were defined one step before. Afterwards finish the wizard.
UserManagement Admin Web - Application Roles
6. Go to Application Profiles and create two new application profiles. Each application profile must contain one of the two application roles, which were defined one step before. Afterwards finish the wizard.
7. Now, these two application profiles must be assigned to two different user groups. This step can be done via the Groups menu. Thereby, you will get one user group which is allowed to see the appropriate search result fields and another user group, which is not allowed to see the appropriate search result fields.
8. Open SynAdmin and reload UserManagement.
Note: Please make sure that the affected user group has got the correct rights for using the appropriate WebOffice 10.8 SP2 project.