After downloading a current patch for your WebOffice application, extract the files into a temporary directory on your server. In this directory you will find the following files:
•ArcGIS for Server Object Extensions
Current SOE for the SynOutputService.
SynerGIS files, that will be served in the ArcGIS 10.4 for Server.
•Readme_Patch_en.txt resp. Readme_Patch_de.txt
A step-by-step description how to install the current patch as well as a list of all included bugfixes with their according numbers from the bug-tracking system.
The current WebOffice patch.
Data content of a WebOffice patch
Note: Consider the preconditions in the Readme file before installing a patch.
The following steps must be followed when installing the latest patch:
1) Backup your entire WebOffice web-application (e.g. C:\Tomcat\webapps\<WebOffice web-application>) to a save place
2) Stop Apache Tomcat (Start/Programs/Administrative Tools/Services)
3) Delete the working directory of Apache Tomcat at e.g. C:\Tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\<WebOffice web-application>
4) Update the ArcGIS for Server Object Extension for WebOffice as described:
a) In ArcGIS Server Manager under Site/Extensions choose to edit SynerGIS Server Object Extension and select <Patch>\ArcGIS for Server Object Extension\syn_soe_ao_gateway.soe to upload.
Note: Don't use uninstall and install the extension, because else you have to set the properties for "SynerGIS Server Object Extension" again!
Update SOE in ArcGISServer Manager
Note: After replacing the SOE file, SynOutputService and any other services with activated Server Object Extension are stopped. These services must remain stopped, otherwise the next step can not be performed.
b) Replace the SynerGIS files in C:\arcgisserver\directories\WebOfficeSystem with the files from <Patch>\WebOfficeSystem.
Replace SynerGIS files in directory WebOfficeSystem
c) Start the map service SynOutputService (or all services, where "SynerGIS Server Object Extension" is activated).
Restart SynOutputService in ArcGIS Server Manager
5) Copy the patch (WO104_patch_yyyymmdd.exe) to the directory of your WebOffice web-application (e.g. C:\Tomcat\webapps\<WebOffice web-application>)
6) Run the patch and choose to overwrite all existing files
Execute patch in application directory
7) Delete the patch (WO104_patch_yyyymmdd.exe)
8) Start Apache Tomcat (Start/Programs/Administrative Tools/Services)
9) In case of problems: Clear Browser- and Proxy-Cache and delete the file <WebOffice web-application>\client_workspace\JSXAPPS\weboffice\js\core_wo.js
Note: Please find more details about clearing the browser cache in Delete Browser Cache.