It is possible, that the configured tool Upload Data is not shown in the Ribbon of the WebOffice Client. Because there are a few points which need to be considered while configuring a tool, a listing of possible sources of errors are listed here.
A typical warning message in WebOffice Logging Tab can look like the following example:
#2018-12-17 15:09:59,482 WARN [ajp-nio-8009-exec-1 ] test 48D191B5C9FDAB29B8C818955C8D4927 16661056 E1363872468T5799489
ValidateUpload :: Request FAILED :: Please check your Configuration
WebOffice Application Configuration:
- Availability of ArcGIS Publisher for your SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService)
- Availability of correct ArcGIS Publisher Credentials :: consider that an ArcGIS Publisher needs Credentials for administrative Access to the ArcGIS Admin GUI for upload Validation
- Availability of ArcGIS Publisher administrative Server URL if working with a Web Adaptor
- Availability of Dynamic Feature AND Raster Workspaces for your SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService)
Unable to perform operation on SynerGIS Server Object Extension (SOE) on service <username>@https://server.domain.at/arcgis/SynOutputService/MapServer with user <username> :: please check your SOE status and your application configuration
caused by failed to process SOE operation (message: failed to process SSC transaction (handlerAction: VALIDATE_UPLOAD), possible error codes: [UNKNOWN], details: [failed to process SSC transaction (handlerAction: VALIDATE_UPLOAD), FAILED :: validate upload request, failed to handle service config query, Connection timed out: connect])
As the WebOffice warning message is indicating, these points in the WebOffice Application configuration should be checked first:
- Availability of ArcGIS Publisher User for your SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService)
There must be a available ArcGIS Publisher User defined in the WebOffice project configuration for the ArcGIS Server Output Service (if there is no federated Server in use)
- Availability of the correct login information for the ArcGIS Publisher: Please note, that a ArcGIS Publisher login information is needed for the administrativ access on the ArcGIS Admin GUI for the upload validation.
The in the List of ArcGIS Server Publisher Users configured ArcGIS Server Publisher User needs to have administrative access on the ArcGIS Admin GUI (e.g ArcGIS Server Manager)
- Availability of the administrative ArcGIS Publisher Server URL for working with the web adapter
If a ArcGIS web adapter is installed a internal Server URL needs to be configured in the Application configuration, which can be used by WebOffice for administrative reading accesses on the ArcGIS Server. This configuration is necessary if access on the GIS Server is managed by the web adapter.
Example of an administrative ArcGIS Publisher login information. User name "siteadmin" has administrative access on the ArcGIS Admin GUI. Configuration of the internal Server URL using the suggested Web Adapter ("mapgis" for example)
The following needs to be considered while configuring the SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService) on the ArcGIS Server:
- Availability of Dynamic Features and Raster Workspaces for your SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService)
Assure yourself that the dynamic Workspace for the SynOutputService is defined correctly - see chapter Add Dynamic Workspaces to SynOutputService
- Availability of the correlating SSL safety certificate in JAVA Truststore of the ArcGIS Server (necessary for the tool Upload Data)
Inside customer environments there are continuously problems with encrypted connections because the certificate of the addressed server is unknown.
A typical error message in connection of your SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService) might be:
PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
If this SSL Handshake failed warning message referring to your SynerGIS WebOffice Output Service (SynOutputService) is shown in the WebOffice Logging Tab, the missing SSL certificate needs to be imported in the JAVA Truststore of the ArcGIS Server.
An example path for the JAVA Truststore in ArcGIS Server: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\jre\lib\security\cacerts
For more information on this topic see chapter Import of SSL/TSL-Certificates.
While using WebOffice and ArcGIS Enterprise as federated Server (with named User from Portal for ArcGIS) the following needs to be considered:
No Service User or password must be defined in the WebOffice project configuration for the ArcGIS Server Output Service. More information on this topic can be found at the chapter Single Sign On from WebOffice and Portal for ArcGIS.